The Business Unit Manager is responsible for the business results of one of Arkwin’s two business units. The scope of this position includes: leadership of a cross functional business unit team including representatives from sales, customer service, manufacturing planning, engineering and quality. The team under the leadership of the Business Unit Manager is responsible for annual sales and profit planning, new business generation, proposal preparation, order generation, developing and maintaining customer relationships, overseeing operating activities to ensure good customer service, price and contract negotiations, and ultimately meeting profit plan expectations.
The Business Unit Manager reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing but will interact extensively with all members of the management team including the President. The Business Unit Manager is a critical job in the company’s succession planning path to senior management positions such as the Vice President of Sales, Operations, and Engineering.
- Develop and execute a business unit strategy to achieve value creation and growth targets
- Prepare and execute a comprehensive annual business plan
- Directly manage program management staff and lead a multi-functional business unit team
- Leads the business unit team to drive business unit value creation through execution of value-based pricing, productivity, and capture of profitable new business.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Oversee all business unit contract review and negotiation activities
- Develop and present quarterly reports to executive management
- Develop a work environment that fosters open and honest communications in an effort to continuously instill confidence and credibility by actively engaging the workforce.
- Lead by example while exhibiting enthusiasm and encouraging a sense of urgency
- Ensure effective upward and downward communication so that important information is disseminated
- Travel in the range of 10-30% to visit customers and attend trade shows
- Bachelor’s Degree – technical preferred but not essential
- MBA Preferred
- Industrial experience preferred – aerospace a plus, but not required
- Minimum five years’ experience with increasing responsibilities
- Experience supervising direct reports
- Broad business knowledge preferred: sales, engineering, finance, and operations
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
Desired Skill Set
- Leadership ability
- Good business sense and judgment
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Action Oriented
- Results Oriented – takes ownership for results
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and excellent advancement opportunity.
Arkwin is an EEO employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran