Carries out broad assignments usually involving the purchase of items requiring extensive or specialized knowledge and experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Obtains materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Studies market trends.
- Interviews vendors and recommends sources of supply.
- Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers with whom orders are to be placed and schedules deliveries.
- Supervises preparation or orders and follows up orders to expedite delivery and shipment.
- Obtain certifications of delivery and conducts check against order.
- Checks and approves for payment invoices for orders placed.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operations.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
College degree preferred and minimum five years’ purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Accommodation as required for reading computer screens and documents.
Hearing Ability: No special requirements.
Working Conditions: Normally works in an office environment, but may also be subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
- breathing fumes, dust and mist
- skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Arkwin is an EEO employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran