In the position of NC Machinist, the employee will support organizations goals in NC dept. Should be able to run two machines at a time when needed within time standards given.
- Set up and run production on NC Lathes and or Milling
- Check first piece and in process inspection.
- Must be able to change tools and inserts as needed
- Fill out Inspection check sheets on each job.
- Must be able to read Gages (Dial bores, Groove gages, Depth Mics.)
- Must be open to cross training in other dept. if needed. (Honing, Grinding, Deburring)
- Follows policies and procedures
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as Blue prints and operation sheets and understand NC programs and Read-outs.
- Download NC Programs to Machine from NC server.
- NC controls including OSP (Okuma), Fanuc and (Mori Seiki).
- CNC Machinist: 3 years
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- exert up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- exert up to 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection or parts.
Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
- breathing fumes, dust and mist
- skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Arkwin is an EEO employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran