Position: Customer Account Manager
Reports To: Business Unit Manager
The Customer Account Manager is the focal point between customers and internal company functions regarding such matters as pricing, scheduling, contract requirements, shipping, and documentation. The ideal candidate will be responsible for processing and administering orders, preparing general correspondence, and coordinating customer service needs while being a strong contributor to a dynamic team environment, being proactive and results oriented, and possessing strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides customer service support, response and tracking for problem areas with respect to delivery, packaging, product conditions, customer returns or other terms and conditions.
- Reviews, processes, and tracks customer orders through entire lifecycle from initial quoting to delivery and follow on support.
- Maintains strong customer relations through appropriate face to face, oral & written communications.
- Coordinates activities among internal company functions, including Sales, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance, to ensure customer interests are continually represented and balanced with company requirements.
- Prepares quotations and proposals in support of new and follow-on business.
- Reviews for acceptance/rejection the customer’s contractual terms and conditions and negotiates minor changes in contracts.
- Advises business unit team and management of contractual rights and obligations of the assigned programs.
- Maintains customer-related records.
- Compiles and analyzes data and prepares recurring reports regarding industry trends, current market share, and received customer feedback.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
- 4-year college degree (technical degree preferred but not essential)
- Three to five (3-5) years customer service experience in aerospace manufacturing environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Mature judgment and decision-making ability
- Competent in operating within MRP system.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as customer orders, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and commissions.
- Knowledge of export compliance, FAA, and Government regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Accommodation as required for reading computer screens and documents.
Hearing Ability: No special requirements
Working Conditions: Normally works in an office environment, but may also be subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
- breathing fumes, dust, and mist
- skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid.
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
We are an EEO employer/Disabled/Protected Veterans