Position Summary: Assist in the design and development of new aircraft hydraulic products for various business unit applications. Provide technical support for component development testing and qualification, and support production efforts and productivity goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support design and development activities under the guidance of the Chief Engineer, Vice President of Engineering and Quality, and other engineering staff
- Static structural and fatigue analysis, basic hydraulic sizing and analysis, weight analysis
- Hydraulic/mechanical design and drafting
- Report and procedure writing and other data item support
- Internal and external customer presentation preparation
- Assist in customer, manufacturing, and vendor liaison
- Support basic troubleshooting and problem solving
- Provides technical support for qualification test efforts
- Provides technical support for fielded product related issues
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
Mechanical Engineering degree required and 0-2 years of work experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- Breathing fumes, dust and mist
- Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.