Position: Engineering Test Lab Supervisor
Reports To: Vice President, Engineering
Responsible for managing Engineering Test Lab.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervision of Engineering Test Lab.
- Scheduling of work in Engineering Test Lab and setting up priorities.
- Design and implementation of test set-ups and instrumentation for engineering development and qualification testing.
- Support of Production Test Lab.
- Support design of new test stands and/or test equipment.
- Support fabrication of new stands.
- Support of design, analysis and fabrication of test fixtures.
- Support generation of test procedures and reports.
- Provide all status reports to Eng. Prod. Test and Dev. Mgr.
- Maintain equipment upgrade studies and recommended new equipment procurement to support technical capability growth.
- Interface with design and project engineers at all levels on regular basis. Interfaces with supervisory personnel in Assembly and Test on regular basis in order to optimize efficiency of various production test set-ups.
- Interface with customer and Arkwin Programs Management on test program issues.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
Engineering degree required and minimum ten years experience in hydraulic test development.
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- exert up to 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or
- exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Accommodation as required for reading computer screens and documents.
Hearing Ability: No special requirements.
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
- breathing fumes, dust and mist
- skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.