Position Summary: Development and application of methods and equipment for assuring products and processes meet specifications or standards. Technical problem solving, root cause/corrective action and process auditing and improvement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Focus on continuous process improvement and lessons learned in a parts manufacturing, assembly and production test environment
- Serve as the customer liaison for business unit field service issues
- Conduct machining, assembly and test process audits
- Serve as the lead in resolution of quality related issues
- Develop and maintain quality assurance procedures
- Designs and installs quality control process sampling systems procedures and statistical techniques.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Conducts failure analysis and corrective action reporting processes
- Recommends revisions of internal documents when indicated.
- Formulates or assists in formulating quality control procedures.
- Has working knowledge of ISO Standards, MIL specs, calibration equipment, MRB activity, quality control reporting system
- Has a working knowledge of AS9102 first article inspection requirements
- Makes recommendations for capital equipment with an emphasis on labor productivity improvement
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical background. Preferred degrees are in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum two years of experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- exert up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- exert up to 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Accommodation as required for reading computer screens and documents.
Hearing Ability: No special requirements.
Working Conditions: Works in a shop and office environment, and may be subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
- breathing fumes, dust and mist
- skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Arkwin is an EEO employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran
To apply for this job please visit www.arkwin.com.