Position Summary: Performs all business unit engineering functions
Essential Job Functions:
- Generally requires minimum supervision and assigned the more complex design tasks.
- Develops conceptual designs from customer specification for proposal efforts under the guidance of the Chief Engineer or Vice President of Engineering and Quality.
- Assigned to implement the full technical responsibility for new product design and development efforts.
- Responsible for the production readiness and delivery of all drawings, documents, and related data associated with assigned projects
- Responsible for analytical functions related to new product development and legacy product support including but not limited to tolerance studies, structural analysis (including finite element analysis), hydraulic analysis and dynamic analysis
- Develops qualification test plans and procedures
- Serves as primary technical customer interface for new and legacy products
- Provides technical support to assigned business unit
- Coordinates transition to production efforts
- Provides on the job training support to junior department members
- Provides technical support and direction for qualification test efforts
- Provides technical support and direction for fielded product related issues
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
Mechanical Engineering degree required and minimum of eight years of experience as hydraulic design engineer. Strong analytical background required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- Breathing fumes, dust and mist
- Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.