Position: Hydraulic Test Technician
Reports To: Operations Manager
Troubleshoots components in-house. Under general supervision, performs test stand set-ups, detail receiving inspection including Verification Testing, Teardown inspection, repair, overhaul, and “ATP” testing. Perform validation reviews of CMM and other technical documentation on qualified product lines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoots faulty components to find cause.
- Performs all phases of receiving inspection, verification testing, teardown repair, and overhaul of articles on the capabilities list.
- Instruct (train) co-workers on company, FAA, and military specs procedures, as well as train in troubleshooting, assembly, disassembly, testing on articles, which they are qualified subject matter experts (SME).
- Generates technical reports, (written & oral) and interfaces with Engineering, Manufacturing and other in-house customers on a professional basis.
- Technical skills required include but are not limited to:
- working from Operation Sheets, Blueprints and Component Maintenance Manual (CMM)
- Make electrical and hydraulic test setups from schematics or verbal instruction.
- Can operate Hydraulic Test Stands or Mules
- Utilizes measuring gages such as calipers and micrometers
- Utilizes electrical equipment such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, megometer and dielectric strength testers.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
Minimum 2-5 years experience as a Product Support “C” Technician or equivalent. High school graduate or equivalent, technical degree preferred.
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation as required for reading gages, blueprints, written instructions, and instruments. Annual eye exam required.
Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to:
- High noise levels from operating equipment
- Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
- Breathing fumes, dust and mist
- Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluids.
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Arkwin is an EEO employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran